Friday, November 28, 2008

First Virginia Deer


Shot a small buck this morning, thought it was a Doe but he had a couple of horns, need to get a better scope I think. Well after all the dust cleared I called home via Walkie talkie and talked to my Son Jake. I asked him to wake his Mom and have her drive my truck to where I was going to drag him out. Somehow in his thirteen year old mind he told his mom that I was at the end our road and to go pick me up. I was a good half mile from there, my wife being so sweet and helpful decided to try and turn my truck around on our dirt road and proceeded to get stuck in the wonderful red mud! Anyhow she was very upset and I talked to her the way a Husband usually does, and then quickly apologized. We got the truck unstuck using my ATV and she finally was happy that I bought it!

Went to pick my deer up that I left in the woods till we could get my truck, my loving wife came along to help, and there we were on the side of a country road, myself and my princess, in her Pajamas helping me load a deer into the back of my truck!

No comments: